Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information (including sensitive information) so we can:
- identify you and conduct necessary checks
- determine what service or products we can provide to you e.g. offer our insurance products.
- issue, manage and administer services and products provided to you or others, including claims investigation, handling and settlement
- improve our services and products e.g. training and development of our representatives, product and service research and data analysis and business strategy development
- make special offers of other services and products provided by us or those we have an association with, that might be of interest to you
What happens if you don't give us your personal information?
If you choose not to provide us with the information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services or products or properly manage and administer services and products provided to you or others.
How we collect your personal information
Collection can take place by telephone email, or in writing and through websites (from data you input directly or through cookies and other web analytic tools).
We collect it directly from you unless you have consented to collection from someone other than you, it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so or the law permits us to.
If you provide us with personal information about another person you must only do so with their consent and agree to make them aware of this privacy notice.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We share your personal information with third parties for the collection purposes noted above.
The third parties include: our related companies and our representatives who provide services for us, Lloyd's,
AIG(AIG Australia), AIG (AIG New Zealand), our insurers, other insurers and reinsurers, your agents, our legal, accounting and other professional advisers, data warehouses and consultants, social media and other similar sites and networks, membership, loyalty and rewards programs or partners, providers of medical and non-medical assistance and services, investigators, loss assessors and adjusters, other parties we may be able to claim or recover against, and anyone either of us appoint to review and handle complaints or disputes and any other parties where permitted or required by law.
In some cases we may not be able to take reasonable steps to ensure they do not breach the Privacy Act and they may not be subject to the same level of protection or obligations that are offered by the Act. By proceeding to acquire our services and products you agree that you cannot seek redress under the Act or against us (to the extent permitted by law) and may not be able to seek redress overseas.
More information, access, correction or complaints